Entry dealine Friday

Date Published: 
1974-04-09
Source: 
Ottawa Citizen
Page: 
20

The Canadian Soccer Association today gave six countries—including defending-champion Mexico—until Friday to submit their entries for the North, Central American and Caribbean (CONCACAF) under-19 soccer tournament.

Six countries in addition to Canada have already entered the tournament scheduled Aug. 15-Sept. 2 in Toronto and London, Ont., but no confirmation of entry has been received from the Mexican team, which captured the trophy when the tournament was played in Mexico last year.

Among others still to be heard from are Haiti, Trinidad, Barbados, Netherland Antilles and Cuba.

Eric King, executive-secretary of the Canadian Soccer Association said he expects Mexico to compete and defend its title, and the association would like the other countries to take part.

"But we have delayed the deadline already by one month and we can't wait any longer," King said.